COrAl's COpeNhAgeN AdVEnTUReS

Coral is spending the Spring ('11) of her Junior year studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

And She Arrives...

It is the first evening after a fantastic day! I'm exhausted but energized! I could not have imagined having a more incredible host family!

My parents drove me down to Boston for my flight on what was Saturday evening. It's been less than 24 hours since I left and so much has happened - craziness! Both my flights were packed with DIS students. On the first flight there was a girl from Colby across the aisle from me and three Bates students sitting behind me. There were a ton of crazy connections in those first few hours. As I sat on the floor of the Reykjavik airport I just so happened to start talking to a guy from Portland who went to Waynflete annnnd Fish Camp (my parent's camp). That was too funny. I learned a lot of names in the airports and on the planes... hopefully, I remember a few of them tomorrow. :)

When I arrived in Copenhagen I was greeted by my host parents. They drove me through the city, we walked the dog (Cozmo), ate lunch, dinner, and dessert (greek yogurt with fruit and honey - yum!). Everything was delicious! I learned that smoked salmon is called lox here as well.

It's going to be a lot of fun to learn danish. There are many really difficult words but some phrases are strikingly similar. I was learning how to communicate with the dog and "come here" is "kom her" pronounced exactly the same. That was an exciting discovery.

I met my host sister who lives near by. She is also 20 and extremely sweet. It's a complete delight to be here. I couldn't have asked for a better situation!

I have much more to say but I think I should call it a night. I'm waking up in eight hours for orientation. Godnat! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment